With nearly twenty weeks of training under my belt, I think I’ve finally finished putting my race-day playlist together. My workout playlist (which I used on most runs during training) was a constantly evolving beast, which for most of training was just called “Workout 3” because it was the third in a series of workout playlists that I’ve made over the years.
Last week, I added some songs and deleted others, changed the name of the playlist to “Half Marathon [star emoji]” and limited my usage of it so that it will be fresh for race day. I also made sure that I have plenty of extra songs so that I can skip some if I’m not feeling them.
I usually listen to my playlist on shuffle to keep it interesting, but it’s a pretty eclectic mix to begin with.
- Bo$$— Fifth Harmony
- Want U Back— Cher Lloyd
- Treasure— Bruno Mars
- Bang Bang— Jessie J, Ariana Grande
- Can’t Hold Us— Macklemore
- Classic— MKTO
- Blank Space— Taylor Swift
- I Know Places— Taylor Swift
- Uptown Funk— Mark Ronson
- Lips are Movin— Meghan Trainor
- 40 Day Dream— Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
- Shut up and Drive— Rihanna
- Take Me to Church— Hozier
- Riptide— Vance Joy
- Steal My Girl— One Direction
- Jealous— Nick Jonas
- Love Runs Out— OneRepublic
- Between the Raindrops— Lifehouse
- Don’t— Ed Sheeran
- Sing— Ed Sheeran
- All Night— Icona Pop
- Marry You— Bruno Mars
- Boom Clap— Charli XCX
- Blown Away— Carrie Underwood
- Hall of Fame— The Script
- We Can’t Stop— Miley Cyrus
- Geronimo— Sheppard
- Stronger— Kanye West
- Paris (Ooh La La)— Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
- Ridin’ Solo— Jason Derulo
- In My Head— Jason Derulo
- Really Don’t Care— Demi Lovato
I’m a big fan of “girl power” songs when running, and those tend to be my power songs (seriously, “Shut up and Drive” is an amazing boost mid-run).
I think my playlist is pretty #racedayready!
*Photo courtesy of Pinterest*
2 thoughts on “My Half Marathon Playlist!”
Are you ready! Sure hope so. Best of luck and try not to trip Emily out of the starting gate…she’ll hate you forever. Oh, and make her do that ab workout Grace put on FB or just call her a pussy. Whatever. Love Ya baby. Now run, run like the wind.
Thank you! I will totally make Em do that workout, we need beautiful abs for Australia!!